- Flat Iron Guide
- Hair Dryer Guide
- Curling Tool Guide
- Shampoo Guide
- Conditioner Guide
- Styling Products Guide
- Salon Guide
- Hair Removal Guide
- Pick the Perfect Comb
- Gels and Glues Guide
- Hair Treatments Guide
- All About Oils and Serums
- Hairbrush Basics Guide
- Finding Mousses and Foams
- Diffuser Buying Guide
- Keratin Guide
- Hair Rollers and Setters Guide
- Clipless Curling Iron Guide
- Travel and Voltage
- Finding Your Curl Type
- What's Inside Hair Loss Solutions?
- Common Causes of Hair Loss
- Tips and How-Tos
Masks, Deep Conditioners and More
Masks, Deep Conditioners and More
All hair needs a little extra TLC sometimes. Daily wear and tear, heat styling and environmental factors take their toll on your strands. It's important to restore your style every once in a while. Like a trip to the spa for your hair, hair treatments offer a variety of indulgences and cures.
Hair treatments are like multivitamins for your mane and different types provide different services. For example, deep conditioners hydrate, clarifying treatments clean and keratin treatments straighten (there are lots more). The treatments come in a variety of forms: liquids, oils, glazes or masks. Some are meant to be used with heat and others are best left on overnight. The benefits are many and more intense than daily products.
Identify the right remedy for your mane:
|Hair Treatment Type||Remedies||Recommended|
|Smoothing||Reduces frizz and flyaways
Moisturizes to improve manageability
|It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask|
|Keratin||Refills keratin for long-lasting smoothness
Powerful anti-frizz and straightening
|Rusk Deepshine Smooth Keratin Care Deep Penetrating Treatment|
|Thickening & Volume||Volume, body and thickness||Nioxin Intensive Therapy Weightless Reconstructive Masque
Kerastase Resistance Volumactive Masque 6.8 oz.
|Moisturizing||Replenishment, hydration, restored elasticity and shine||Warren-Tricomi Repair Green Walnut Masque|
|Damage Repairing||Restores resilience
Seals cuticles to prevent damage
Hydrates to eliminate dullness
|Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Seasilk Hair Masque|
|Color Protection||Longer lasting color
More vibrant color
|Barex ColourLife Masque|
3 Hair Treatment Tips
- Heat it up: After applying your mask or conditioner, wrap hair in a lightweight towel or shower cap and then use your hair dryer (on low volume, warm air) to heat up your hair. This opens your hair cuticles, which allows the conditioner to penetrate more deeply.
- Sleep on it: Apply your treatment before bed, wrap hair in a high bun or a scarf that you don't mind staining and wake up with deeply hydrated hair. We recommend a dedicated hair-mask pillowcase.
- Braid it in: Apply your treatment to damp hair, braid and then wear all day for a style that multitasks - healing your hair and looking good too. This is an especially great summer hair solution. It saturates your hair which "waterproofs" it and helps protect from salt, sun or chlorine.
As a general rule, we advise using a hair treatment once a week but the drier your hair, the more often you should deep condition. Lots of us at Folica use a deep conditioner or mask on the ends of our hair every time we wash.
Use the table above as a guide, but mix it up too! You may find that your hair likes different treatments depending on the season (summer humidity vs. winter dryness). Whatever your need, there's a treatment with the fix.Shop all Hair Treatments Shop all Hair Masks